10 Awesome things about the Apple Notes App
If you are in the Apple ecosystem it is great
1. "saving" is automatic and constant
As soon as you enter text it is part of the document: you don't have to remember to save it
2. Your notes are in the "cloud" and updated in near real time across devices
3. It is free/built in to the OS on desktop and mobile
4. When reading on kindle you can create a swipe file and copy and paste into it
I start a "10 things I learned" document as I am reading and cut and paste into it on my phone
5. From the iPhone you can seamlessly take pictures and they show up in your document
6. You can annotate images directly in the app
Highlight or draw
7. Your notes are automatically organized as a project and sorted by date
For work I take notes for individual projects. I have a title that reflects the project and then in the desktop app my list of projects is in the left hand pane and I can click on them and then the notes that I've taken show up in the right hand pane.
8. Audio notes work great
The speech recognition is excellent, and it keeps getting better. Also, if you are listening to an audiobook, you can press the microphone to speak your note. When you are done speaking your note, your audiobook automatically starts up again.
9. You can also create folders to organize your notes, if organizing by date and title is not enough.
10. There's a great potential application for something where somebody in the field might need to take notes on the project and coordinate with a home office
Any kind of job where somebody could be inspecting something remotely with their phone. They could take any number of pictures or notes, and it would instantly show up on another computer already organized for you.