10 Excuses for why I didn’t get my 10 projects done by the end of the year and ways to do better next time
I first thought of this list as a tongue-in-cheek answer. While it is kind of amusing, and the go, go go growth, mindset people tell me to double down and make even more ambitious goals I think there might be some benefit to making this list. In software we call this a post mortem.
Having that monthly goal list was useful. I printed it out and referred to it and I did make progress on almost all of them. So I'm not exactly giving up.
1. The goals were too ambitious
I could have made 10 steps for each of them.
2. I had family from out of town
3. I was not as motivated as I thought
4. Maybe next time instead of 10 things I would like to do I should make a list of 3 things that I have to do
5. I had technical problems with my computer setup
This took me days to get straight
6. I started to make a production schedule but I did not box my time on a daily basis
Get more granular
7. Take more time when make a list like 10 things to do…
Use it like a planning tool instead of firing it off from my phone
8. Enjoy the progress
This exercise of monthly goals is one that I will continue. I made progress on all of the items on the list and I need to celebrate that. I almost put quotes around "celebrate" but I do need to celebrate the small wins and progress.