10 Fears When Quitting My Job for a New Job
I was so scared to quit my job but I did it and they were so gracious.
1. What if the other job falls through?
Some paperwork comes back and they so oh we can't hire you.
2. What if I disappoint the bosses that I respect at my old job?
I still respect my old bosses. What if I disappoint them?
3. What do I say?
I just said "So I got a job offer and I took it"... there's really no other way to say things.
4. What if my old students look for me and I am not there?
Kindergartners are just as scared as preschoolers. What if they look for me for reassurance?
5. What if they can't find a replacement?
It's hard to find replacements especially because it's the lowest paid gig in town for a teacher.
6. What if I am not as close with my friends from my old job?
I stopped by the office 5 times a day to talk to one of my best friends. What if we don't talk as much?
7. What if I suck at this new job?
These kids might think I am just weird.
8. What if the work is not worth the money?
This is going to be challenging. What if the pay increase isn't worth it?
9. What if I regret the decision?
I don't want to compare my old job to my new job and say "oh man I made a mistake"
10. What if I am too soft for the job?
I have learned to become more aggressive and have higher expectations for my students but what if I am not hard enough.