1. get a phone with a large screen (I have an iPhone Pro Max) and exclusively use the iPhone Kindle app to consume books - my phone is always with me so I never have to worry if I have a book with me or not
2. get up early (I rise at 5 am) and make reading one of the first things you do every day
3. use an app like Freedom to block news, sports, and social media sites so you have more time to read and aren't tempted to look at CNN or Facebook when you are bored
4. if you aren't into a book anymore, abandon it - you don't have to finish
5. Read fiction - I am currently into Stephen King but I have also read all of the Jack Reacher series. Fiction is great to read right before sleeping for a nap or at night.
6. Don't try to retain everything - I fully accept that I can't remember or retain every detail of what I read
7. Make reading your 'default' activity - instead of email or Instagram
8. Ruthlessly eliminate other time wasting activities in your life which suck up the time you could use for reading
9. Tell others you read 1 book per week - now you have social/peer pressure as someone might check on your reading progress
10. Meditate/think on how good it feels to complete a book and how so few people do
11. Meditate/think on how the most successful people in our society (Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, etc) credit reading with being their superpower - you honestly think that you could create more excuses not to read than them?!