10 IRL Events To Help People Use Their Voice For Good
1. A poetry reading
Where local writers can be featured
2. 'Speed-dating' for social issues
3. Any kind of educational workshop or event in a school or after school
4. A 'Safe Space' / Silent Partner Event
People get paired with a silent partner who just listens with empathy; they don't speak unless asked to.
5. A Dance-a-thon (or walk)
Not novel, so, perhaps branch this into '10 ways to improve a traditional dance-a-thon'
6. An art contest
Can be multiple mediums / causes.
7. A concert that's a fundraiser
8. An interview with celebrity/authority with a portion including the audience
9. A tour through a place or business that raises awareness
This can be branched. For example:
Take a tour of this farm, learn about sustainable agriculture, then share your story.
10. An 'undercover boss' or 'scared straight' kind of event
Something where people get to switch places or experience firsthand, for a period of time, something they would not normally feel.