10 Quotes Refresh - "I see what you don't."
1. Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.
Life does not require any sacrifices. This is a man-made construct. A sacrifice is defined as - an act of slaughtering an animal or person or surrendering a possession as an offering to God or to a divine or supernatural figure. God requires no sacrifices.. What would we give to God that she does not already have? What would God give to us that we don't already have? Does God suffer from selective amnesia? Can I know what tomorrow will bring? Can I know what's best for my children? Even if sacrificing was the proper thing to do - can I know that such sacrifice would guarantee my children a better tomorrow?
2. Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!
It's not that we're possible....possibility speaks to potentiality. I would drop the possible and just go with I AM.
3. No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
Words and ideas are a dime a dozen that's why we have them in such an abundance. Give up the need to try and change the world - that's an impossibility. When the man puts himself together suddenly his world comes together too.
4. Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
Judge not, lest ye be judged. Don't judge the day - the harvest - the reaping - the seeds - the plant - the fruit. All things "just are" neither good nor bad.
5. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
It's impossible to not be what you are. You are not a who (just a body), you are a what (an expression of Divine Intelligence) Everybody matters. What you say matters - to yourself and others. How you feel matters. How you feel about yourself and others. People generally don't mind when you're being loving and lovable in my experience.
6. We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.
My perception is just a limited as the next person's perception. How could perceptions not limited? The only person who is defining me is Me. Regardless of how I define myself or what I believe about myself I CANNOT CHANGE what I am. I can't change the changeless. Bodies change all the time but that's not what I AM. Other people are doing what they want to do without my permission - I get no say so in the matter.
7. Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.
I value what the so-called fool has to say just as much if not more than what the wise man has to say. The fool has no agenda.
8. Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.
To strive - struggle or fight vigorously. Life does not require struggle. Struggle implies that you do not yet have something that you desperately want. What don't I have right now that I need? Nothing - No thing I am of value and so are you and it doesn't require acquiring anything.
9. Two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.
There are only two roads - Love and Fear These roads have many derivatives but they all lead back to the same place. For example, hate, anger, selfishness, jealousy, attack are derivatives of Fear. Joy, peace, happiness, joining, and compassion are derivatives of Love but love nonetheless. Love is the road that unfortunately has become the road less traveled. Being on this road is the only thing that makes all the difference - the only place that magic and miracles can and do happen.
10. Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
In society, the masses have always been wrong. Wrong as I define it here means not achieving the desired results that one is seeking -- not in terms of being morally correct. When I find myself on the side of the majority I stop, drop, and roll - pause and reflect. Perhaps there's another way to look at this. Perhaps there is something in this for me to see that I'm not quite getting yet.