I took some time this afternoon to read through some of my old lists. It was a fascinating experience. Some lists have ridiculous ideas, while others are remarkably prescient. In particular, one list I wrote over a year ago that details how I wished to live my life almost perfectly describes how I'm living now. It was as if envisioning it helped make it a reality.
1. Old lists, like journal entries, can offer a glimpse of the person you used to be.
2. You can find out if anything you wrote came to fruition.
3. You can take an old idea list topic and create a list of fresh, new ideas from it.
4. You can take a single idea from an old idea list and spin that into a list of all-new ideas.
5. You might discover a business idea you overlooked.
6. You might discover an idea that did not mean much at the time but now is directly applicable to your life.
7. It's an opportunity to find out if you've been growing or remaining stagnant.
8. The simple act of reading your old ideas can stimulate new ideas.
10. You might uncover an unexpected solution to a current problem you've not been able to solve.