10 things about the trial Spanish TPRS lesson I had
I really wanted to learn Spanish through the TPRS method, so I reached out to a few people. This online teacher who lives in Krakow showed me how it would work.
1. We came up with a story together
2. He shared his screen as he wrote on a Google Doc
3. He would only speak Spanish during the TPRS lesson
It's part of how TPRS works. 100% or at least 95% target language.
4. He would encourage me to make suggestions
5. He made gestures and sounds
Which is an integral part of TPRS.
6. Outside the lesson, he told me he only learns languages through TPRS and comprehensible input
7. The story was about a Belgian rabbit from Liège who's based in Bogota
8. The rabbit (el conejo) has an online business selling sex toys
9. He lives with his worst enemy, a raccoon
10. The lesson was incredibly fun and engaging
It was FUNNY. This is exactly how I want to learn languages.