It was not my best session.
1. I googled the latest Chicago Bears news on my phone.
2. I stared out the window at the moon and wondered for about five minutes whether or not it was full.
3. Fact check: It's full tomorrow. I googled it. While meditating.
4. I daydreamed about how the race I was about to run today would go.
5. I tweaked old ankle and heal injuries, so it didn't go great, but it was really pretty outside so it's all good.
6. I thought about the final episode of "Mozart in the Jungle," which I watched last night, and thought it wasn't a great ending to what was otherwise a pretty creative series.
7. I thought about an issue I'm having with my business that's causing me a lot of anxiety, and why isn't this meditation making the anxiety go away, isn't that the point?
8. It was a guided meditation with Sarah Blondin, and I became mesmerized by her voice without really paying much attention to what she was saying.
9. I fussed with my legs, crossing them, uncrossing them, then crossing them again...
10. I guess I kind of sort of took some deep breaths and did something that looked vaguely like meditation.