1. Sometimes, your gut is right
If it's so weird and unusual and unexplained, it might be serious enough to have it checked out.
2. Sometimes, your gut is wrong
3. Lots of people need more help than I do
4. The people working in this place are saintly
5. I can afford to make a bet on an unprecedented situation
Either it's an expensive hunch, or I save a crucial part of my sensory system.
6. When I need to, I can tap into energy reserves I didn’t know I had built up
7. Fear is normal. It’s okay to make a mistake.
8. I will be fine. I may have prevented something serious.
9. I’m a human. I can get knocked down and get back up.
10. I can replenish energy reserves and money. I can’t magically regenerate my hearing if it were to have gone.
11. I’m confident and handled this independently. I didn’t rely on anyone. It may have been less than accurate, but I accepted responsibility.