9 Things to Remember with Positive Affirmations
1. Say them to yourself while looking in the mirror.
2. When giving yourself positive affirmations, it’s OK if at first you don’t really believe yourself
3. Always be truthful when giving a positive affirmation to someone else.
4. Be sincere.
5. It doesn’t have to be a big thing.
Something as simple as "You look very nice today." will do. As long as you mean it.
6. Remember these are gifts
You shouldn't expect something in return. Although with human nature, it is likely they will say something nice in return.
7. Be prepared to receive positive affirmations from others
For some, this is very hard. If you have trouble, a sincere Thank You can be sufficient.
8. Remember to Smile.
It's a simple non-verbal that helps punctuate the message.