10 things you can do to manage your time better
1. Log the time it takes you to do tasks
If you don't know how long it takes, how will you know how to manage it better?
2. Identify each task according to their energy level
Is it an energy gain? Suck? Neutral?
3. Time block your calendar to devote to particular tasks
4. Match tasks up with your energy level
Mornings = high energy. Afternoons = low energy.
5. Use Parkinson's Law to your advantage
Schedule less time than you think is needed to do a task - give yourself a false deadline
6. Play music
It can not only help with focusing, but it can also give you a better sense of how much time you spend. If you have a sound track that is an hour, you'll know when the hour is up (and whether you're still working)
7. Review your estimates
If you normally plan an hour for a task and it takes closer to two, in the future you can plan better
8. Identify what gives you energy and put those on the calendar first
Family time, exercise, relaxation, etc.