10 things you’ve had and used the longest
1. Black Frankenstein guitar: 40 years
Heavily modified: currently a fretless neck. Peavey T-40 body and pickups are still original
2. Honda odyssey van 16 years
Works great 250k miles
3. Mikasa plates and silverware 28 years
4. Orange 6 in 1 screwdriver approx 30 years
I have many of these but this is a work horse
5. Letterman style jacket with leather arms and button up: still looks great and used on cold days: 28 years
6. Pedulla bass guitar 30 years
In the process of refinishing it right now. Bought it for $500, was probably worth $5000. I modified it with a whammy bar, not realizing what I had so it has no retail value anymore
7. Desk 25 years
Bought at a thrift shop for $50. Used daily. Real wood construction, 2 pull out writing panels
8. MacBook Pro from 2012 11 years
For a computer this is very old. Using it today to rip dvds.
9. Hand saw 30 years
Just used yesterday to cut a branch. The saw is probably closer to 60 years old.
10. Superman winter hat with Pom Pom 45 years
It must be made out of kryptonite: still looks brand new and worn regularly.