10 thoughts about leading the men's circle twice
I'll go with the instantly generated AI image because it hilariously misrepresents what a men's circle is. We are not naked.
The organizer was on vacation so I led the men's circle two weeks in a row.
1. It felt very meaningful
2. I felt honored
3. It felt good to be in charge of something
4. I felt even more connected to the others than usual
5. I got complimented on the way I led the circle and it made my night
It may have been the most meaningful compliment I ever received.
6. I was happy that we had loads of people!
I think we were around 12.
7. It's interesting trying to strike the balance between encouraging guys to share and not pushing them
10-second silence. "Would anybody else like to share?" I make eye contact with a few guys, smiling in a way that hopefully makes them feel comfortable. A few more seconds pass.
Someone speaks up: "Okay I'll do it."