10 thoughts on Couchsurfing Hangouts
On the Couchsurfing apps, there's a Hangouts feature which allows you to meet up with whoever is online.
1. That's how I indirectly met my now ex-girlfriend
Met up with a guy, and he later introduced me to her.
2. It's known as being used by guys to hook up
Any woman who has used Hangouts will confirm this.
3. I think it's totally find if something happens but I wouldn't use it just for that
4. One female friend told me that she's also more likely to accept a Hangout request if the guy is hot
5. I've met some great people this way
6. In fact, that's how I met one of my closest friends!
7. It's common that no meet-up takes place
Everyone is like "so what's the plan?", maybe one person is in one neighborhood and someone else is somewhere else and nobody ends up deciding where to all meet.
8. You don't always hit it off
Sometimes it's just boring.
9. It can be a fun way to discover a city
10. It makes meeting people super simple
Although it's often chaotic and unreliable, it's still a great way to meet people and make friends. It's just like "hey wanna grab a beer?"
11. But I wouldn't want to rely on it and forget about meeting people more spontaneously
During one hangout, I approached a guy at a bar and invited him to join us. That's an even better way to meet folks: go somewhere alone and talk with people. Easier in some places than others, of course. I often hear that this always happens in Liège, Belgium.