10 unexpected positives of working on the weekend
I had to spend more time than I would've liked working this weekend. Hence this list-- my attempt to make the blugh bearable.
1. I feel accomplished
If nothing else, I've gotten something done.
2. I feel more ready to face the upcoming week
Now that my most urgent tasks are out of the way
3. I feel like I have more clout with my employer, since I'm working when I'm not "supposed" to
Whether this is actually true is debatable
4. I feel far more productive than usual
When I work on the weekend, I'm pretty good at getting things done. Every second of my time is valuable to me.
5. I have the flexibility to work whenever and however is best for me
Unlike during the week, there are no outside constraints from my employer
6. I have an excuse to not be bothered by unwanted social contact
This can be such a plus
7. Since I'm *clearly* working so hard, people have sympathy and my friends/family are extra nice
8. I have more time to crowdsource/outsource
Since the people around me are free, and since I have more brain space for creativity, I can think of new ideas more easily.
9. I don't need to multitask as much
There are fewer competing demands on my time than during the week
10. No meetings or emails