10 Ways I Can Get Started on a Series of Books Interviewing the Elderly
Branched from my book series idea list from earlier this week.
1. Get clear on the overall vision for the series.
Why am I doing this? What story or stories do I want to tell?
2. What's in it for them?
Get to tell their stories. Document important life experiences. Pass on hard-learned advice.
3. Research and outline what sort of questions I want to ask.
4. Purchase two quality portable microphones and a portable video setup.
5. Start with my parents.
6. Interview my last living grandparent.
7. Ask the local VFW if any World War II or Korean War veterans would like to tell their stories.
8. Request permission from local retirement facilities to interview folks living there.
9. Visit my town's activity center (many retirees are active there) and post signs asking people to contact me if they are interested in being interviewed.
10. Use Meetup.com to find interest groups for retirees.
Mathieuand 4 more liked this