10 ways i can withdraw equity out of my company as a retiree
i retired early from the company i help build for various reasons, although i’m still on payroll i’d like to withdraw my equity
1. barter with my inventory assets
i can try to barter for various services i need to start another business
2. trade inventory assets for high value stuff, such as houses, cars, jewelry, etc.
i don’t know who’d be crazy enough to trade a house but it would be nice!
3. invest in new or existing operations with inventory assets
operations constantly need supplies and equipment, i can propose that i can provide equipment and supplies for cash
4. i can start selling online
i really don’t want to do that, though
5. quarterly owners withdrawals
i can propose quarterly cash withdrawals until my equity is depleted
6. increase my payroll significantly
increasing my monthly salary to six figures until my equity is depleted
7. scorched earth - personnel
remove key personnel to sabotage company operations. force my partner to negotiate terms
8. scorched earth - competition
i’ll be a known consultant to my competitors, it will damage the reputation of my company as an employer
9. scorched earth - competitive edge
end users will know of our cost basis, giving them negotiating power
10. go back to work….
i COULD go back to work but i left for a reason