10 ways to read more
1. Quit books you don't want to read
2. Use any waiting time to read
Waiting at the restaurant for your food, waiting at the doctor's office, etc.
3. Bring a book along with you everywhere
I like to keep one in the car - just in case there are traffic jams
4. Ignore social conventions
Is it rude to bring a book to social events? Possibly. But if you're not doing anything else, you can read.
5. Book time out to read
Put it in your calendar. Keep it sacred.
6. If you can't read, listen to audiobooks
Sometimes you can work on chores and listen to audiobooks instead.
7. Combine it with other activities
To get myself to work out, I often watched Netflix while on the treadmill. You can read while riding an exercise bike.
8. Be okay with any form of reading
Mangas, comics, magazines, even pamphlets or brochures count as reading.
9. Read what interests you
Don't try to slog through that 'amazing' book your friend insists you read. Read the things that interest you.
10. Read good fiction
Although I like to read exclusively non-fiction books, there's a time and place for fiction.