10 Worthwhile Things To Do in This Wild and Precious Life
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?
- Mary Oliver, "The Summer Day"
1. Travel to a far-away land with no timeline and no set plans.
2. Once and for all, be brave and say what you want to say to that person.
3. Make friends with your enemies.
4. Ask that person out on a date who intimidates you.
5. Quit your job with no plan other than to backpack the Pacific Crest Trail.
6. Invest part of your energy and attention into building a valuable project that will not be complete during your lifetime.
7. Sit on top of a mountain, watch the sunrise, stay there all day, observe the changing colors, the moving landscape and wildlife interactions, and then watch the sunset from the same spot.
9. Take a photograph of a loved one every day for the rest of that person's life. Make a photo collage to see how the person gracefully ages.
10. Lay in the grass and stare at the sky in awe at how the birds above you miraculously can fly.
randomrogerand 4 more liked this