11 ways to be more assertive
1. Speak up when you have something to say
2. Express your opinions freely
3. Set boundaries and stick to them
4. Don't be afraid to say "no"
5. Be confident in your decisions
6. Be assertive, not aggressive
7. Stand up for yourself
8. Be aware of your body language and keep an open posture
9. Be persistent
10. Practice assertiveness in everyday situations
11. Risk Offending Others
The last thing to consider is when you are being nice. You are not sparing the other person's feelings. You are sparing your own feelings. Because you are afraid that it will create disharmony in the relationship. Be okay to offend people - it's the risk you take when you have to assert yourself.