7 Benefits of the time change
The time change is a pretty bad idea, as they are sometimes dreamed up by bureaucrats. But there are pluses too.
1. The time change forces us to interrupt our daily routines
This leads to more flexibility. At least twice a year.
2. The time change makes some puzzles possible
Mr S. is suspected of having committed a burglary at around three o'clock in the morning. At three o'clock in the morning, he was in his bed, though. The crime scene is half an hour's drive from his home. Why is it still possible that he is the culprit?
3. See above. Once a year, you can sleep an hour longer without losing any time.
4. You make better use of the daylight in Summer
Without the time change, no normal person would think of getting up an hour earlier, which would mean losing this advantage.
5. You can enjoy longer Summer evenings
6. This also means that you need less artificial light
7. In winter, on the other hand, you can enjoy the feeling of absolute darkness longer in the evening
If you are a burglar who is active in the evening or a mugger who prefers to work in dark back alleys, this may be a great advantage.