Choose Yourself: Chapter 6: What if I'm in a Crisis? 11 Insights
In times of intense difficulty, trouble, or danger the worst thing that I can have is another thought.
1. If I'm on the floor the only way is up. What a moment of grace gifted to me without me asking.
2. Hitting rock bottom is a great place to be because now I can decide to be a rock star or a victim.
3. I shouldn't wish for my life to be easier - life is life - If I had one wish it would be for me to have a shift in my perception. It's obvious that I'm looking at this situation wrong because it "hurts" so much.
4. Sometimes I wonder if I ever stop and listen to the narrative that's going on inside of my head. Since I'm the one telling the story to myself shouldn't I at least make up one that empowers me? I dunno, what do you think?
5. What sucks is not about what's happening in my life. What sucks is that I feel that my "problems" are greater than my ability to solve them. If don't get a handle on this pretty damn quick - I'm doomed.
6. Neither fight or flight are very good choices. Fighting is resistance. Flight is avoidance. Acceptance is the new sheriff in town. From a place of acceptance of "what is" I'm able to make rational choices.
7. I know ...I know I've heard this before but it's worth repeating to myself right now. "Nothing is either good nor bad but thinking that makes it so" or this one, "Hey, mister you are giving everything all the meaning it has for you."
8. Know your on inherent power. You, only you, possess the power to get yourself off the floor. God didn't make no cripples.
9. In a "crisis" ? - Laugh...I mean a boisterous laughter - Here's why: You can't be depressed and happy at the same time. Laughter is the sound of a glorious soul waking up.
10. In a "crisis" ? "Help someone else out who also believes they're in a crisis. It's very difficult for me to think about my crisis when I'm helping someone out with their own crisis.
11. Sometimes the best thing for me to do is to sit on the floor and to notice how even in my crisis I am still supported (by the floor nonetheless). It appears that God meets us wherever we are. I like that.
Paoloand 2 more liked this