Debunking the Myth on "Tough Love" (1 min 19 sec)
1. The idea of experiencing the consequences of our choices is not meant to be a form of punishment or discipline, but rather an opportunity for learning.
2. Our thoughts and beliefs create our experience of the world, and we can learn from the consequences of our choices in order to make more loving choices.
3. The concept of "tough love" involves harsh or strict measures to try and control someone's behavior or motivate them to change.
This approach is rooted in fear and the belief that someone must be "taught a lesson" or punished in order to learn.
4. Both ideas involve the idea of consequences, the difference lies in the motivation behind them.
One idea emphasizes the power of love and forgiveness as the path to healing.
Th other idea is rooted in fear and the desire to control.
5. God is a loving and compassionate Presence that always steers us toward peace and joy.
While God allows us to experience the consequences of our choices, it is not a form of punishment or "tough love"." Rather it is simply a natural result of the law of cause and effect.