1. Your ego does not define your true identity.
2. There is no cruelty in God, and therefore none in you.
3. Your ego is merely a construct of your perception of a separate self.
4. The separate self is characterized by cruelty, comprised of guilt, blame, attack, fear, and a sense of separation from others.
5. You attempt to distance yourself from others as a means to preserve your illusory self. You believe this is what ensures your safety.
6. You idolize your own ego or the egos of others, mistakenly thinking that doing so will bring you peace and happiness.
7. However, it never will.