1. Always remind yourself of the goal of having the skill and the end you want to achieve with the means
2. Be present when practicing the skill
3. Reflect on both your successes and learn from your setbacks
5. Notice if improvements in a skill also have a positive effect on other parts of your life
6. Can acquisition of this skill become part of your identity?
7. Persevere through initial discomfort to acquire a skill which will expand your comfort zone.
8. Do it with a partner or a group of people
9. Use the skill in some way everyday
10. Find a mentor/adviser/teacher