How To Live -27 conflicting answers and one weird conclusion - Derek Sivers - For Others - 10 Insights
1. You can't actually pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Ultimately you are lifted by those around you.
Without you, there is no me. Without me, there is no you.
2. We're all in this together.
What I do for you, I do for me.
What I fail to do for you, I fail to do for myself.
3. Giving makes you happier than receiving.
The giver should always be thankful because she had more than enough to give.
4. Allow silence. Don't fill it.
From the silence, spontaneous illumination arises.
In the silence, that's where love lives. No thoughts, just being.
5. Vulnerability endears.
Let go of the avatar you've created, the false sense of self.
Give your mind a well-needed rest from pretending.
Vulnerability is attractive.
6. A conversation with a clone of yourself would be boring.
If there are two of the same thing, one is unnecessary.
7. Withhold angry thoughts, and let the feelings pass unexpressed.
Spewing venom toward anyone is never a good idea.
Never lose your cool.
Kindness is the solution to any soured relationship.
8. Business when done right, is generous and focused on others.
Seek first to wow your customers so that you may be wowed.
9. Being famous means you'll never be able to reciprocate enough.
Fame is highly overrated. The likes, shares, and comments will never be enough.
10. Care about strangers across the world as much as you do your family.
We all share the same basic needs. Everybody wants to feel safe, loved, and cared for. Act accordingly.