How To Live -27 conflicting answers and one weird conclusion - Derek Sivers - Let Randomness Rule 8 Insights
1. What you think is free will might actually be your DNA.
The curriculum has already been decided but you have the free will to decide when you enroll and begin taking the classes.
2. You are less random than you seem.
All of the evidence is in, you're not random at all.
3. You can't predict, so you see clearly.
Aren't you delighted? Most of my predictions have been wrong.
4. You can't blame karma, astrology, demons, saints, anyone or anything else.
Blaming yourself or another is a fool's game and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
5. When talking with people, ask deep open-ended questions - like "What's your forgiveness story?" - that will lead to unexpected stories.
6. You can't regret what you didn't cause.
What you believe happened, never did.
7. Stoics and Buddhist work hard to feel indifferent to outcomes.
You are the one who's giving this situation all the meaning it has.
Greet all situations with a healthy indifference.
8. Random stuff happens.
What you label as random, in truth, is divine providence.
God is working all things for good.