How to reinvent your career after 50 (when you still need the money)
Waiting to solve a problem until you have the probably often makes it too late or at the very least much more difficult to solve and think that applies to reinventing your career.
1. Start cultivating professional interests early on.
2. Start cultivating personal interests early on.
3. Seek out continuing ed or other ways to keep your skillset current.
4. Be actively involved in a volunteer organization.
Many people convert volunteer endeavors into full time work but it is a long game that must be played on this point.
5. Do things for other people when there's no benefit for you.