Ideas to end the war in Ukraine
(Image source: commons.wikimedia.org)
1. If both sides realize that the continuation of the war will mostly bring them disadvantages, they will end the war.
2. The devastating consequences of using nuclear weapons must be clearly communicated.
3. Ukrainians must realize that getting back Crimea and the Donbass areas is not realistic.
4. After the war, international agreements must ensure that Russia cannot attack Ukraine again.
Is it possible to negotiate for Ukraine to be neutral but have NATO stand by it when Russia attacks again?
5. It is important to give the Russian public an opportunity to see what is happening in Ukraine
This should be possible despite censorship and repression via the Internet.
6. The Western public should get a more realistic picture of the Zelenskiy government.
Nobody in this war is just good...
7. Are there other actors who have an interest in continuing the war?
State actors with geopolitical interests in Eurasia who also have an interest in high gas prices. Perhaps it would be possible to motivate the public in a certain country to put pressure on their government to find a peaceful solution.
8. Elon Musk's suggestions were not that bad
9. Realistic reports from this war and more empathy for the soldiers who are killed there.
A Russian soldier is also a human being and his killing is NOT a cause for celebration.