1. Leave nothing on top of spaces (desks, countertops) - paper, etc. Every item you own should 'have its place.'
2. Every so often, empty out any drawers, bags, or closets you own - these are your containers. Remove anything you don't need anymore and neatly place back anything you still use.
3. Be ruthless about eliminating items from your life. If the item doesn't 'spark joy' (from Marie Kondo), get rid of it.
4. De-clutter your 'cloud' life by removing files from your digital desktop, putting files into folders, and getting your inboxes down to 0.
5. Go paperless by taking a picture on your phone of any papers you need and store them electronically.
6. Use a to-do list app like Asana to capture recurring weekly items like checking bank account / credit card balances, adding chemicals to the pool, etc. You can even assign tasks to other members of your household in Asana for free.
7. Use a digital calendar like Google as a family calendar (throw out a paper one.) Keep track of kid events, sports, appointments, commitments here.
8. Don't leave clothes on the ground, in the bathroom, etc. Hang them up right away.
9. If you don't want large items in your house (an old couch, etc), call a service like 1-800-Got-Junk to take it away. Yes, it costs more than doing it yourself but it's less likely you will procrastinate.
10. If anyone is sending you paper invoices or mail, convert to a digital option right away.