If You Had To Live on $2000 USD Per Month, How Would You Do It?
I've had to recently, so this is how I've done it.
1. Live with family/friends.
Help out around the house to show appreciation.
2. Buy an electric scooter (and a sturdy helmet, elbow/hand/knee pads), and a Metro Card.
You'll be doing your part for the environment at the same time.....plus,, electric scooters are a TON of fun to ride.
3. Buy peanuts, almonds, and raw cashews in bulk. 2 for 1 bags of spinach.
Pure protein and nutrients that'll keep you hunger in check.
4. Get as much work done as possible at the library (free internet).
5. Handwash and air dry your clothes to save on water (and the water bill).
Air dried clothes have such a pleasant scent and feel.
6. Find a deal at a public swimming pool (15 visits for $25) and stay in shape.
Swimming is a terrific full-body exercise that's easy on the joints.
7. Use a kettlebell, which has an endless amount of exercises, to stay in shape.
Expensive gym memberships are vastly overrated.
8. Carpool whenever possible.
9. Cook whenever possible and use coupons at the grocery store.
It's much cheaper than eating out, plus, you'll learn a skill. That said, I do think it's important to support restaurants when we can.