If You Knew You Couldn't Fail, What Would You Do?
1. Travel the world and publish works about my travels.
Something akin to how Rolf Potts lives.
2. Become a jazz saxophonist.
Compose, perform at local, national, and international clubs, and produce albums.
3. Open an independent coffee shop.
This is a lifelong dream. I can envision the decor, the music, and even the type of regular customers I would serve.
4. Open a jazz club.
Another lifelong dream. Perhaps I could merge the jazz club with the coffee shop?
5. Write and publish romance novels from a male perspective.
Are all romance novels written for women? I'm thinking Charles Bukowski minus all the alcohol and abusiveness.
6. Run as many ultra marathons as I want.
I am passionate about exploring beautiful places in nature through running.
7. Take a year to travel throughout Japan and stay at Zen monasteries.
I'm fascinated by Zen. I can't imagine a better place to go to learn more about it.
8. Hike the entire lengths of the most impressive trails in the United States.
Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, Arizona Trail, Continental Divide Trail, John Muir Trail.
9. Take a six-month trip across the United States on a motorcycle.
I got licensed 22 years ago and I have yet to purchase even one motorcycle. Shame on me.
10. Have kids.
I've put it off a long time because...I don't know. Perhaps I'm simply afraid that I can't handle being a father.