1. "Morality" is largely a post-hoc narrative for behaviors that increase survivability and economic output. The arc of history doesn't bend toward justice; it bends according to economics.
2. Projection and cognitive dissonance are the only worthwhile ideas to come out of psychology. The rest is bunk.
3. Diet has little to do with health. Even the FDA can't crack the code of a healthy diet. Truth is, exercise, BMI and genetics are the best predictors of health.
4. The conventional , 40-hr workweek is the antidote to happiness. Unless you truly love what you do, you'll never counteract being bored/miserable the first 10 hrs of the day. (Covid lockdowns revealed this to millions)
5. No means no. "Absolutely not" means "yes."
6. Banned drugs aren't banned because they're unsafe. They're banned because they work too well.
7. Game of Thrones was overrated.
8. Medical care has lost the plot. We're fatter, softer, more allergic, more addicted, more arthritic, more debilitated, less nourished, and less energetic than our parents and grandparents. And life expectancy is going DOWN.
9. Driving is barbaric. In 30 years we'll look back in horror over how we allowed ppl zooming in 4000 lb tanks with painted lines for lanes and a balloon in the steering wheel for safety.
10. Free will is an illusion. We act according to our impulses (fear, status, spite, envy, etc) and our ego, after observing our behavior, justifies our behaviors the best it can.