One of Peter Drucker's predictions is coming true. (and one concept to find meaning and happiness)
"In a few hundred years, when the history of our time will be written from a long-term perspective, it is likely that the most important event historians will see is not technology, not the Internet, not e-commerce. It is an unprecedented change in the human condition. For the first time-literally-substantial and rapidly growing numbers of people have choices. For the first time, they will have to manage themselves. And society is totally unprepared for it." - Peter Drucker
1. We have choices.
2. That doesn't mean we all have to change careers.
On social networks, I often see the eternal debate between the entrepreneur and the employee with its pros and cons.
But there is no answer that works for everyone.
The choice can only be personal.
And it cannot depend on :
- family pressure,
- peer pressure,
- the influence of social networks that let us think that other people's lives are more beautiful...
3. The right choice, the one that suits you, must come from your personal reflection.
4. I like the approach of Marshall Goldsmith who simplifies the approach with his triple-A concept.
5. What is my Aspiration?
What person do I want to become? There is no end date.
6. What are my ambitions?
The goals I am pursuing. They are marked by an end date. The secret is not to make your happiness dependent on the outcome. Find joy in the effort by doing your best.
7. What are my actions?
What I do every day.
8. How to find happiness and meaning?
The key to what will bring you meaning and happiness lies in the alignment of these three axes. It can be in your current career or in a radical change. Only you can make that choice.