Questions To Ask Yourself That May Change Your Life
I love questions, so I asked the AI what philosophical questions to ask myself.
The list is a mix of AI and my brain at 11:00 PM on a Sunday. Some of the questions my brain "conceived" are borrowed from great minds.
1. If I am not for myself, who is? And when I am for myself, what am I? And if not now, when?
This question happens to be on Ryan Holiday’s list and is Reid Hoffman’s favorite quote. It is becoming one of my favorite. The question comes from Hillel the Elder.
Reject choosing between self-love and love of others: do both.
2. Do I control my own fate?
A question that ponders whether an individual has ultimate control over what happens in their life, or if there is some higher power at work.
3. Will this be alive time or dead time?
There are two types of time; author Robert Green told Ryan Holiday: dead time — where we are just waiting and Alive time — where we are learning and active and leveraging.
Which one would you choose?
The only option is to be fully alive.
4. What am I missing by choosing to worry or be afraid?
From Ryan Holiday. I think this is a powerful question.
5. How do I define success?
I ask this myself once a year. I should probably ask it quarterly
6. How do I define happiness? : What activities or states of being make me feel good, and why?
7. What is the difference between right and wrong?
A question that probes into how somebody decides what actions are morally right or wrong.
8. What percentage of decisions did I make today that were completely my own and not just the thinking of a boss, a parent, a teacher, a peer, etc.?
From Skip the Line by James Altucher. Great question for self-reflection.
Somewhat related to "Do I control my own fate?".
9. How can I be sure of anything?
Descartes' famous philosophical question challenges us to think about the limits of human knowledge.
10. How do I know that I am self-aware? And how do I know that I am becoming more self-aware than yesterday?
This is from me. I found some answers in the Fifth Agreements.