Random Roger’s Rules Building blocks for how to live a happier life
In 2018 I wrote a book in list form with the above title. The ten items in this list are from the first section called "Basics."
1. You can figure it out now or you can figure it out later but if you can figure it out now you will be much happier.
This is a quote from our friend Bill in Walker and will be applicable to just about every rule in this book, once you figure it out, every other aspect of your life will be easier.
2. Take bits of process from various sources to create your own process, this is a form of autodidactic learning.
This is useful for all aspects of life.
3. When possible, leave yourself as many options as you can, this can make every aspect of your life easier.
4. Get a dog and then get a dog for your dog.
5. Don’t overcomplicate things. You will see these rules are all very simple, every aspect of your life will be easier if you can avoid overthinking.
6. Read things you are likely to disagree with. This will improve your critical thinking skills and make life easier.
7. Live a life of service that helps other people which ties in with the rules further on about volunteerism.
This won’t resonate with everyone but the personal fulfillment from helping others is immense.