Reasons to get back to playing chess on Lichess
I started playing chess when I was 12, but never studied the game seriously.
This game was part inspiration, part thrill and part meeting point with some friends.
In the last year, I have largely given up playing chess. The way I ran it was largely a waste of time. This game would deserve serious study. There are too many other things that are more important.
1. Chess helps to switch off and come up with new ideas.
2. Some games contain spectacular or funny situations. They're like good stories.
3. Chess lends itself well to learning experiences.
When I take the time to train and think about the game, there are (mostly) measurable results.
4. When things get difficult and you still win, you experience exhilaration.
5. On the other hand, playing badly and deservedly losing also has educational value.
If I were a saint, I would also be happy to see my opponent happy to win. ;)