This morning my laptop‘s battery drained to nothing in the middle of a demo I was facilitating. I could have lost my temper and spent an hour ranting and looking for a replacement. Instead, I stayed calm. As a result, I was able to think clearly enough to troubleshoot and solve my problem.
1. I was calm enough to think about options to Best Buy. Best Buy does not open until 10 am
2. I was calm enough to think about options at Target when I realized that they did not have a laptop cord for this weird laptop I have.
3. I was calm enough to buy a phone card with a usc-c port with 67W and another one with 12W for a phone.
4. When I connected my keyboard and microphone to separate power connections, I still had a problem
5. When I plugged in the new cord, I realized that the problem wasn’t the cord. It was the docking lightning cable
6. I swapped out the lightning cable with the a plain cable
7. The problem was solved - because I was calm enough to think