Stash Craze: Americans and Their Stuff (56 sec)
Americans have developed a peculiar relationship with their belongings.
There's a deep-seated attachment to material possessions.
It certainly sounds like the bull is off the nickel.
There are six primary external reasons why people finally let go.
3. Extended hospitalization.
6. They forget about it or lose interest.
7. This suggests that, without these external triggers, many people find it challenging (damn near impossible) to voluntarily let go of their stuff.
8. It seems that no one notices the transient nature of material goods.
9. Can humans find any relief from the burden of excessive accumulation of things?
10. The abundance of material possessions leaves no space for the presence of God.