Tell Me What To Do & I Will Do It - (Share This One With The Kiddos)
Would you do it?
Do what? patience, we'll get to that in a moment.
For now, just know that to do otherwise -- would be irresponsible.
Irresponsible - not showing or done with due care for the consequences of one's actions or attitudes.
okay now that we've got that out the way - let's talk about this word -Responsibility
......what does it mean to be Responsible?
There's no point beating around the bush - let's jump right in..
- owning what we think and how we feel
- taking 100% ownership of everything that's in our space
- honoring commitments
- being accountable and answerable
- natural disasters
- loss of a job
- being assaulted
- acts of deception
- being robbed
- the sudden death of a loved one
1. Responsibility means total commitment to the challenge at hand.
2. Responsibility means respoding completely and adequately to a crisis.
3. Responsibility means having the ability to respond.
Respond + Ability = Responsibility
4. I cannot be completely responsible when I'm frightened.
Two things cannot occupy the same space at the same time.
I have to choose who's going to be my teacher - fear or Love.
I can't be totally there to give the challenge what it requires from me if I'm afraid.
5. I cannot be completely responsible if I am seeking pleasure.
Seeking pleasure does not only refer to physical pleasure although it can.
am I seeking validation?
do I have ulterior motives?
is there something I feel I need to get from a person, place, or thing to be happy?
am I giving to get?
am I seeking fame and fortune?
do I feel wronged by anyone?
is the pursuit of money or power my aim?
6. I cannot be completely responsible if my actions are routine, repetitive, traditional, or conditional.
If I have a sequence of actions that are regularly followed I can't be completely responsible because responsibility requires being in the moment.
Life will not always respond well to my usual way of doing things.
Being responsible demands flexibility.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man" Heraclitus.
Being completely responsible has nothing to do with doing or saying the same thing several times.
If I'm attached to long-established ways I can't be completely responsible because my attention is on the way things used to be.
Longing for the traditional robs me of the present moment.
Longing for the ways things have been habitually done is irresponsible.
If this, then that.
Quid pro quo
I can't be completely responsible if I expect something in return.
The act of being responsible has its own built-in rewards.
If there are restrictions or rules, I can't be completely responsible.
7. The "me" which in the past must end.
To respond adequately to a challenge means that the "me" which is in the past must end.