The Path Of Least Resistance
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." Frederick Douglass
What the path of least resistance is not.
- It's not the easiest path because it's easy not to do.
- It's not a shortcut. There are no shortcuts.
- It doesn't promise there won't be some resistance.
What does the path of least resistance guarantee?
- It's the easiest path because it's simple to do.
- It provides the least amount of resistance to forwarding motion.
- It's the most direct path.
- It's not the only path, it is THE PATH.
- It will feel like water flowing down a stream because it always finds the easiest way possible.
- It helps life unfold without dissatisfaction or unhappiness.
- It's the most pleasant and least painful path.
- Children are masters at being in the now.
- Children don't hold grudges.
- To children, life is play.
- Children are quick to form new bonds of friendship.
1. Men are set in their ways.
Children are open to the way to be shown to them.
Children are empty vessels.
Children still have their sense of wonder.
Children have not adopted the ways of the world.
2. Men have all the answers.
Children are full of questions.
Children are curious.
Children are a blank canvas.
3. Men harbor ill will.
4. Men have closed minds.
Children are open to infinite possibilities.