The perils of selling on Facebook Marketplace
I've been trying to sell a couple of items for the past week. It's been something of a saga!
1. People ask if an item is available and then you never hear from them again!
2. People arrange to collect an item at a pre-agreed time and don't show up.
Then you get a message saying they were out for the day and it was too late to collect by the time they got back. But you've got the item ready to collect, and waited in all day for them to arrive!
3. People get you involved in their logistics
Someone wanted one item and arranged a day to collect. Then couldn't get a man with a van. Then there was much to-ing and fro-ing about dates for several days. Then they got cross with me because I was working and in meetings all day and couldn't reply to their messages until the evening. I never heard from them again.
4. Despite being COLLECTION ONLY, people still ask if you can deliver.
Or if you have details of a delivery company/man in a van.
5. People want you to their research for them
One item is a dining table with upholstered chair seats. Did I know someone who could reupholster them?!! Google maybe?
6. People don't read the description
How tall/wide is it? How much is it? What condition is it in?