Ways to improve daily life
1. Wake up with the sun and go for a walk first thing
Per Dr. Andrew Huberman, getting direct sunlight in the eyes within the first few hours after you wake up helps start your internal clock
2. Read at least 30 minutes a day (or at least listen to an educational podcast)
Let's be real, we could all probably read for at least an hour if we cut back the time we spent on our phones
3. Work the brain's creative muscle by doing exercises such as coming up with a list or doing a few logic puzzles
4. Limit time spent watching TV and scrolling on social media
If my roommate and I didn't share a Hulu account, I'd deactivate mine. It might sound a little drastic but my self control is limited when it comes to binge watching TV and movies. Social media is another thing I try, and usually fail, to avoid spending hours on.
5. Take breaks and go for walks during the day (preferably outside); at the very least, go find a quick change of scenery
Actually taking breaks and going for walks on the days I'm in the office is often less feasible than it seems. The Texas (global?) heat wave aside, I'm often in uncomfortable shoes that aren't conducive to walking.
7. Exercise daily (even if it's just a walk around the block)
8. Do at least one thing that makes you happy and then experiment to find things to add to the list of things that bring you joy
9. Try to make someone else's day
This could mean donating to a charity, smiling at a stranger on the street, complimenting a friend, or reaching out to someone you haven't spoken to in a while
10. Learn something new
This could mean building on an existing skill or getting educated on a new topic/industry you know nothing about (i.e., AI)