Ways to Reduce Clutter
I got a glimpse of a person who is a hoarder. I am not like that, but I do have a lot of things stacked up. If you imagine that everything that you look at has a memory, a 'to do' or an association, your mind is filled with these thoughts. The clutter takes up space and is distracting me from my goals.
I want my environment to be much quieter. In order for me to stay focused, my environment needs to be streamlined. And decluttering must be a priority this year.
1. Eliminate everything that is not associated with your top goals
2. Throw away anything that you have not touched in 3 years
3. Put in storage the items associated with the hobbies you 'just like' until you achieve a goal with one of your top priorities
4. Don't buy anything not associated with your top priorities and needs
5. Play the minimalist game each month.
Start with 1 item than increase every day until you are at 30 or 31 items. Or play the minimalist game for the month - each day remove one item for the number of the month - so for January, one item for each day. For July, 7 items each day.