What are 10 benefits to “doing the thing”
"The Thing" sounds very imposing and important. (Unless you are The Hulk). At least in my experience it is very different. The Thing is more often something small. It may even appear insignificant. I almost never recognize it as The Thing until long after I've either done The Thing. Or chose not to.
P.S. The AI cover art feels out of sync with this list but maybe it works as an attention grabber.
1. It's the #1 way to Combat Procrastination.
I suffer with the burden of procrastination. Buy "doing the thing" immediately, I avoid the inertia of "going to do the thing".
2. You get a T-Shirt.
3. At the end of the day, it gives you a positive accomplishment to reflect on.
And sets you to Do a Different Thing tomorrow.
4. The memory will always be there to remind you of what you are capable of.
5. The Thing is often the foundation on which the Next Thing is built.
6. You can't have a Next Thing without first having a Thing.
7. Sometimes, reflecting on all the Things you've racked up will help you chart the course forward.
To see where you are going, you sometimes have to look behind you.
8. There are lots of people who didn't do the Thing. Some of them never will.
That means you're gaining.
9. Doing the Thing also overcomes Analysis Paralysis.
Doing something now is almost always better than waiting to do the perfect thing later.