What are some life hacks I can learn in one minute?
1. Brush teeth with opposite hand in the morning
This is good for your memory muscles.
2. Eat nuts every day (5 walnuts a day should do)
“A man is only as old as his arteries.” -William Osler, M.D.
My body age is not where I want it to be, but my vascular age is in the twentieth.
3. SUAVE to remember names (from Jim Kwik)
“What I hear I forget, what I see I remember, what I do I understand.” – Chinese proverb
Say it back
Use it 3~ times during the conversation
Ask about the name, origins, etc.
Visualize it. Christopher sounds like Christmas, so I imagine Christopher as Santa, for example.
4. 10 min reflections
5. Ask What-If often
This builds resiliency.
What if I don’t write my ten idealists today? Nothing happens, but I won’t be consistent and won’t build the idea muscle, and my luck surface will not increase.
May not be the best example of What-if :)
To quote Ranon Keaton:
If tomorrow never comes
Will she know how much I loved her?
6. Use Otter app to take notes
Voice to text app. When I remember an idea, I record it. It gets transcribed.
7. If it takes less than 5 min, do it now
Washing dishes will bring a smile to your partner, do it. Make the bed, plan the day, do ten pushups, etc.
You will also make room in your short-term memory for other stuff.
8. When in doubt drink water
9. 10 min meditation
Watch your thoughts. Meditation calms and builds self-awareness.
10. Schedule monthly peak experiences with your partner and never split the check
A Sunday brunch, a nice dinner, a foot massage, etc.