What are some tactics you've learned to deal with the "Winter Blues"/Seasonal Depression
1. Sing along to some upbeat music
Burpees (or jumping jacks if you can't do burpees) get the blood flowing and oxygenated.
3. Watch stand-up comedy shows
Preferably with someone. Research shows we are less likely to laugh when we are alone.
4. Help someone less fortunate
Giving support is linked to increased activity in the reward system area of the brain.
5. Daydream about a summer's day on the beach
6. Take a hot bath
Maybe a glass of red wine and some chocolate as you read a good book while in the tub.
7. Play games with children
Let them choose the game and become immersed in a world of make-believe.
8. Have friends over for a fondue and games night.
Make sure there is something uplifting (but legal) in the fondue.
9. Find a picture of a summery scene and write about it
Describe the sight, sounds and smells. Everything from the insects under the foliage to the birds in the sky.
10. Go for a walk and be in the moment.
Notice the cold, the damp, and the dark. Notice how they feel on your skin, and how they affect the visual and auditory senses. What sensations are present that you don't get in the summer.