What are the best skills to learn in 2023?
1. Learn to slow down.
It's easy to get caught up in the speed of today's world, but it's a skill to buck that trend and do things more slowly.
2. Learn to be more creative.
With AI, creativity is the one tool we have left to fight the robots. Strengthen it.
3. Learn energy management.
It's far too easy to get pulled in 20 different directions at once, most of which won't help accomplish what you want to do. Identify the energy vampires, reduce or eliminate them, and guard your energy jealously.
4. Learn to make strong eye contact, genuinely smile, and offer a friendly hello.
We are sorely missing this critical skill right now.
5. Learn to optimize your sleep.
You're going to need it.
6. Learn to readily accept constructive criticism.
If you receive potentially helpful input, embrace it. Don't fight it (that's your weak-minded ego talking).
7. Learn to breezily reject destructive criticism.
At the same time, there are far too many people who are far too happy to tear others down these days. Rarely in person, of course, but usually behind the wheel of a vehicle or hiding behind a screen and a keyboard. Know that their every criticism is a demonstration of their own insecurity and weakness. Blow it off and move on.
8. Learn a difficult skill that few others like but you enjoy the challenge.
If you can do this, you'll make a lot of money.
9. Learn to live with less.
The less stuff (things, status, adoration) you need the richer life you'll live.
10. Learn when to say 'yes' and when to say 'no.'
Perhaps this is more art than skill.