What can I learn/know right now in 10 minutes that will be useful for the rest of my life?
1. Everything we do is guided by the principle of pain and pleasure
2. To regain control over your life. Do what you want to do and get away from what you don't want to do, you need to take back control on this principle
3. What you want to do: Associate a lot of pleasure. Visualize the situation, live it.
4. What you don't want anymore, what you want to stop: associate a lot of pain. Be very honest with yourself. Imagine the worst case scenario if you continue.
What it will cost me emotionally, intellectually, financially, physically, if I don't do anything?
5. Armed with the pleasure that your goal gives you and the pain it will cost you if you do nothing. You are able to change everything you want ...But you still have one crucial step
6. Execute on your plan with lots of action. And adjust, adjust, adjust...
7. And voila, it takes less than 10 minutes to learn and it can change your life.
I learned this from Tony Robbins' book Awaken the Giant over 20 years ago and it has profoundly changed my life.